Wayne Grudem: “Why I Wrote Systematic Theology,” Plus a New Online Course
When I first started teaching classes in Systematic Theology I found it difficult to find a book that would:
- have clarity enough so that first year students could understand it;
- have application to people’s life so they could see the usefulness of doctrine; and
- quote Bible verses extensively because I was convinced that it was the words of scripture that are God’s very words and they change our minds and hearts more powerfully than any other merely human words.
That led me to write a book on systematic theology which included those features.
Introducing a new online course
Now, in connection with the book, we have created an online course covering all 57 chapters.
My Systematic Theology online course includes the first half of a set of 57 10-minute lectures in which I introduce and give an overview for each chapter.
The online courses also include review materials and quizzes and exams, making it into a full academic class in systematic theology.
I hope that you will find these video sessions helpful, as they will give you an understanding of:
- how I would approach each of these chapters,
- how I would explain them, and
- why I think each chapter is important.
Many people have told me that as they’ve studied systematic theology they were surprised to find that it not only increased and deepened their understanding of the Bible and all of its teachings, but it also was also a real help to their relationship with God and in their personal spiritual growth.
I hope the Systematic Theology online course will have the same result in your life as well.
Offer Grudem’s Systematic Theology online course at your school
Learn how you can offer Dr. Grudem’s Systematic Theology online course at your church or school. Contact us today!
Sign up complete.