COVID-19 Response: We're still shipping to the continental U.S., and shipping is FREE.
Pick Your Favorite Cover: The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology & Exegesis, 2nd Ed.
Friends, we are excited to announce a major new reference work being published later this year in print and digital formats, the New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis, Second Edition (revision editor, Moisés Silva).
Could you help us pick a cover?
You can preview cover options here: http://bit.ly/1iI2goh
Then share your feedback below. Please note your feedback by Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:59PM ET.
(If you can't see the form, click here.)
Advance Praise for NIDNTTE:
“The new NIDNTTE is more than an update. It has been streamlined for easier use through a new alphabetic structure. It has long been time for an up-to-date lexical tool and NIDNTTE is it.”
—Darrell L. Bock, Dallas Theological Seminary
“Brings changes that make it richer and more user-friendly to those interested in detailed exegesis ... not all ‘standard reference works’ deserve to be standards; this one does.”
—D. A. Carson, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
“No serious biblical scholar, seminarian, or expository preacher/teacher should fail to purchase this rich and varied resource and use it regularly.”
—Robert H. Gundry, Westmont College
“The thorough revision and updating (now including Exegesis in the title) is most welcome.
NIDNTTE promises to be a tool that no expositor of the New Testament can be without.”
—Daniel B. Wallace, Dallas Theological Seminary
A standard and widely-used reference work for nearly 40 years, the New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis has been thoroughly revised and updated to aid today’s pastors, students, scholars, and teachers in their study of the New
Testament. Offering a wealth of background and information on the meaning of Greek words in the New Testament—as well as related usage in classical Greek sources, the Septuagint, Jewish literature, and more—this important tool offers the following features:
- Alphabetical arrangement according to Greek words instead of previous order according to English topics; this ensures that individual Greek words are not discussed in isolation from one another and are easy to access
- Expanded to include additional Greek words and concepts not covered in the original work, NIDNTTE includes nearly 800 entries covering over 3,000 Greek words
- Discussions have been revised to be in line with modern scholarship and bibliographies are updated
- Corrections have been made to inconsistencies and omissions in earlier versions
- Updated and added consistency to include—for every entry—all necessary background information from classical Greek, the LXX, and Jewish literature.
- A helpful semantic domain index now directs the reader to all of the Greek words that have something to do with a particular English word. For example, under the English word “Anger, Wrath,” there is a list of thirteen Greek words that are related to that topic.
- Significant changes have been made in the presentation and discussion of linguistic details
- and much more!
Sign up complete.