COVID-19 Response: We're still shipping to the continental U.S., and shipping is FREE.
"Thinking Through Paul" Is Distinct Among Pauline Resources in 7 Ways
[embed width="680" height="383"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF8iy9KD5Mk[/embed]
(Can't see the video? Watch it here)
In September we were pleased to release the monumental new book by Bruce Longnecker and Todd Still, Thinking Through Paul. The book is designed to help students grasp Paul’s life, letters, and theology, and it's distinctive among Pauline studies resources because its scope is just as deep as it is wide.
In today's video Longenecker describes 7 ways the book is distinct:
- Covers Paul's life, letters, and theology;
- Probes representative passages from each letter to show what it is trying to do;
- Holds the historical and theological dimensions in tension;
- Paints a complex, nuanced, and intricate picture of Pauline theology;
- Encourages students to think through Paul to analyze their own situations;
- Offers questions for class discussion or essays;
- Quotes leading historical and contemporary figures—like Martin Luther, Karl Barth, Rudolf Bultmann, and N.T. Wright.
Listen to Longenecker to discover how his and Still’s resource will benefit your classroom and your personal study of Paul’s life, letters, and theology.
Sign up complete.