Features of Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, Second Edition text:
• Combines the best of inductive and deductive approaches
• Uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than “made-up” illustrations
• Emphasizes the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization, resulting in a simple, enjoyable, and effective learning process
• Colored text highlights particles added to nouns and verbs, allowing easy recognition of new forms
• Chapters Two (Hebrew Vowels), Nine (Pronominal Suffixes), Seventeen (Waw Consecutive), Eighteen (Imperative, Cohortative, and Jussive), and Twenty-Three (Issues of Sentence Syntax) are revised and expanded
• Section of appendices and study aids is clearly marked for fast reference
• Larger font and text size make reading easier
Numerous student and instructor resources for Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar are available on Zondervan's resource website located at www.ZondervanAcademic.com.
About the Authors
Gary D. Pratico (ThD, Harvard Divinity School) is senior professor of Old Testament and Hebrew language at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has been teaching Hebrew for more than thirty years and is coauthor with Miles V. Van Pelt of Basics of Basics of Biblical Hebrew (grammar and workbook) and The Vocabulary Guide to Biblical Hebrew.
Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he also serves as Academic Dean. Miles lives in Madison, Mississippi, with his wife, Laurie, and their four children.
Table of ContentsSection 1: The Basics of Hebrew Writing
Section 2: The Basics of Hebrew Nouns and Nominals
Section 3: Introduction to Hebrew Verbs and the Qal Stem
Section 4: Introduction to the Derived Stems
Section 5: Reading and Studying Your Hebrew Bible
1. Verb Paradigms
2. Diagnostics At-A-Glance Charts
3. Summary of Endings on III- ה Verbs
Hebrew-English Lexicon Subject Index
- View Resource Presentation Slides 177.629 MB
- View Resource Chapter Quizzes 1-35 2.149 MB
- View Resource Tests and Exams 323.389 kB
- View Resource Workbook Answer Key 859.117 kB
- View Resource Grammar Scripture Index 105.01 kB
- View Resource Workbook Scripture Index 97.875 kB
- View Resource Vocabulary Cards Alphabetical Index 94.649 kB
- View Resource Verb Paradigms 622.818 kB
- View Resource Alternative Grammar Presentations: Wayyiqtol and Weqatal 168.755 kB
Part of a two-course series, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1 will introduce you to the vocabulary and grammar of classical Hebrew, so you can begin studying the Old Testament in its original language.
The second part of a two-course series, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 2 picks up where Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1 leaves off, digging deeper into the vocabulary and grammar of classical Hebrew. Together, these two courses equip you to begin studying the Old Testament in its original language.