COVID-19 Response: We're still shipping to the continental U.S., and shipping is FREE.
With its unique union of theory and application and its well-organized, easy-to-use design, Moral Choices has earned its place as the standard text for college ethics courses. This fourth edition offers extensive updates, revisions, and three brand new chapters all designed to help students develop a sound and current basis for making ethical decisions in today's complex postmodern culture.
Moral Choices outlines the distinctive elements of Christian ethics while avoiding undue dogmatism. The book also introduces other ethical systems and their key historical proponents, including Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, and Immanuel Kant.
After describing a seven-step procedure for tackling ethical dilemmas, author Scott Rae uses case studies to address some of today's most pressing social issues. He guides students in thinking critically and biblically about issues, including:
- Reproductive Technologies
- Capital Punishment
- Sexual Ethics
- The Morality of War
- Genetic Technologies and Human Cloning
- Ethics and Economics
- NEW: Creation Care
- NEW: Animal Rights
- NEW: Gun-Control
- NEW: Race, Gender, and Diversity
- NEW: Immigration, Refugees, and Border Control
- Relevant Case Studies throughout
- Discussion questions at the end of each chapter
- Sidebars with case studies for discussion
- Recommended further reading
About the AuthorScott B. Rae (PhD, University of Southern California) is professor of Christian ethics at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, La Mirada, California.
- View Resource Midterm and Final Exam Study Guides 13.997 kB
- Chapter 1 - Introduction: Why Morality Matters
- Chapter 2 - How to Think About Morality
- Chapter 3 - Christian Ethics
- Chapter 4 - Making Ethical Decisions
- Chapter 5 - Ethics at the Beginning of Life, Part 1
- Chapter 6 - Ethics at the Beginning of Life, Part 2
- Chapter 7 - Biotechnology, Genetics, and Human Cloning
- Chapter 8 - Ethical Issues at the End of Life
- Chapter 9 - Capital Punishment
- Chapter 10 - War, Violence, and Morality
- Chapter 11 - Sexual Ethics
- Chapter 12 - Creation Care and Environmental Ethics
- Chapter 13 - Ethics and Economics
Chapter 14 - Violence and Gun Control
- View Resource Chapter 14 flashcards
Chapter 15 - Race, Gender, and Diversity
- View Resource Chapter 15 flashcards
Chapter 16 - Immigration, Refugees, and Border Control
- View Resource Chapter 16 flashcards
The Moral Choices course, featuring ethicist and professor Scott Rae, provides students with an introduction to Christian ethics and equips them to form a basis for practical, ethical decision-making in contemporary culture.