COVID-19 Response: We're still shipping to the continental U.S., and shipping is FREE.
Working knowledge of the Torah is essential for every serious student of the Scriptures. Written in an engaging and accessible voice, even while digging into difficult and complicated matters at a sophisticated level, The Torah Story emphasizes the content of the text itself, moving beyond debating dates and theories of authorship into understanding how these five key books of the Bible help us understand the story of salvation.Providing flexible options for further study, each chapter includes the following:• Tips and tools for getting started • Questions that focus on key issues Key terms to look for • Outlines and summaries of the material • An interactive workshop designed for students, individuals, or study groups• Challenge questions drawn from the chapter and biblical text • Advanced questions for those who want deeper exploration of biblical contexts, language, and exegetical or theological issues • Research project suggestions • Discussion activities using films to engage the biblical narrative (selected chapters)A refreshingly new approach to the Torah—neither an introduction nor a commentary—The Torah Story provides a model of how to read Scripture intertextually. It leaves no doubt as to the overarching unity of the message and composition of the Pentateuch.
About the Author
Gary Edward Schnittjer (PhD, Dallas Theological Seminary) is professor of Old Testament at the School of Divinity, Cairn University in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.
Table of Contents
PART ONE — GENESIS — IN THE BEGINNING
PART TWO — EXODUS — THESE ARE THE NAMES
PART THREE — LEVITICUS — AND HE CALLED
PART FOUR — NUMBERS — IN THE WILDERNESS
PART FIVE — DEUTERONOMY — THESE ARE THE WORDS
- View Resource Instructor Manual 2.906 MB
- View Resource Chapter Summaries 146.659 kB
- View Resource Sample Quiz Questions to Start Class Sessions 32.033 kB
- View Resource Multiple-Choice Reading Quizzes 77.713 kB
- View Resource Multiple-choice Reading Quizzes with Answer Key 108.108 kB
- View Resource Sample Image/Map Library and Instructions 2.428 MB
- View Resource Instructions for Obtaining Instructor Slides 22.528 kB
- View Resource Exam Materials (Three Exams Per Semester Format) 596.224 kB
- View Resource Exam Materials (Five Exams Per Semester Format) 654.945 kB
- View Resource Exam Materials (for Online Use) 346.033 kB
- View Resource Exam Materials (for OT History and OT Survey) 5.019 MB